*****NOTE - Club emails are being blocked as SPAM from Comcast and Verizon. We are working with the service providers to unblock our ISP. Please check Facebook and this website for the most up to date information*******
The 2016 Calendar has been finalized! A printable version can be found here.
Here are just a few of the upcoming Events:
* 23 April - Vessel Safety Checks : Its that time of year again to start getting your boat ready for the season - and that means Vessel Safety Checks! Our Safety Chair Sam Lowe has coordinated 3 inspection dates for the month of April. To prepare, see the attached checklist and virtual safety inspection, as well as read Sam's article in the March Lifeline. (Sign up sheets are already up in the Blue Bathhouse.)
* 30 Apr 2016 - Progressive Dock Dinner: The RSVP for this event has closed. All those who signed up to participate will be contacted directly by the event coordinators, Steve & Sue Wright.
* 7 May 2016 - Kentucky Derby Party: Join us for our annual "Run for the Roses with PWYC" event! DERBY DAY means horse racing and wagering (Please bring small bills), wearing great hats, drinking mint juleps and eating finger foods. Light snacks provided by the Electric Palm, but we encourage sharing your specialties! Please RSVP so we can plan drinks and food.
***4 June 2016 - 10th Annual Patriot Cruise & Salute: We need many volunteers to make this day special for our Veterans and their families. Below is a list of activities in which to volunteer:
Boat Captains - 25 additional boats, Crew & Escorts
Social Committee – assist set up/clean up and serving of guests/volunteers
Port Operations - Dock Line Assistance Crews; Radio communications to track boats (departure and return)
Welcome Committee - receive guests, hand out gift bags; transport teams (ride busses to check in guests at Fort Belvoir)
Photographers - official photographer to take arrival photos/candid photographer
Please RSVP and state what you are volunteering for in the comments block, along with a phone number or email. You will be contacted directly for more specific information.
The 2016 Cruising Season is fast upon us! If you have any thoughts or suggestions for this year's cruises, please send an email to
RSVP's are now open for the following Cruises:
* 14-15 May 2016 - National Ball Game/James Creek Cruise: We'll be cruising to James Creek Marina near Nationals Park, and attending the 7:05 pm game on Saturday, May 14th. While many of us are traveling by boat, there are a number of families who will be coming by car as well, so make plans to join us even if you don't want to boat to the game. There is free parking at the marina for those who wish to walk to the game with our group. Plan to be tied up in your slip (or parked) and ready to head over to the stadium by 5:30 PM. Because this is an evening game, we won’t plan for a pot luck dinner. It’s suggested that everyone travel to Nationals Park from the marina and back in one large group.
Tickets will cost $33.50 each. Seating is in Section 203. We have 50 seats reserved in this section, so sign up today! You must reserve your tickets by NOON, 23 Apr. For questions about the Nationals game, contact Lou Ward at
(You will pay Lou Ward directly for your individual tickets)
Anyone traveling by boat must make arrangements for an overnight slip directly with James Creek Marina, at Phone (866) 554-8844, Web site: http://www.jamescreek.com You can choose another marina such as Gangplank, and ride Metro one stop to the game.
Please RSVP, indicating the following in the comments block:
•the number of tickets you need
•participating in the cruise and/or remaining overnight at the marina?
* 27-30 May 2016 - Memorial Day Weekend Cruise to Crisfields: Join us for our 5th annual cruise across the Bay to Somers Cove Marina. This will be a fun trip with the opportunity to take the ferry to explore Tangier Island, check out the Soft Shell Crab Festival, hang out at the marina pool, enjoy a round of golf or shop in town and enjoy lots of local food and Smith Island Cake!
The Tentative Itinerary is:
Thursday, May 26th – Night at Colonial Beach Yacht Center
Friday, May 27th – Arrive at Somers Cove Marina. Dinner at Captain Tyler’s Crabhouse
Saturday, May 28th – Day trip to Tangier Island, swim in the pool, or golf
Sunday, May 29th – Soft Shell Crab Festival. Dinner at Watermen’s Inn
Monday, May 30th – Flotilla back to PYM
Please RSVP if you are interested in attending this cruise. Details about the marinas/slips will be provided to those interested as the date approaches.
* Retire your old & faded US flags properly. Place them in the collection boxes that are in all of the bath houses. We will have a special Flag retirement ceremony as part of Closing Day Activities on 5 Nov 2016.
* 2016 PWYC Membership Drive is open! Please contact our membership chair with questions or to rejoin (
* Check out the club photo site: Prince William Yacht Club Photos! All club photos are posted on this site (current photos in the photo gallery tab will remain). Have photos of club events you want to share with your fellow members? Email the
for more information.