*****NOTE - Club emails are being blocked as SPAM from AOL an Verizon We are working with the service provider to unblock our ISP. Please check Facebook and this website for the most up to date information*******
Your new Bridge is getting ready to welcome in 2017 - the year of PWYC's 25th Anniversary! The 2017 PWYC Calendar can now be found here!
* Vessel Safety Checks - we 2 more dates schedule for USGC Auxiliary Vessel Safety Checks: 23 April and 13 May. Sign up sheets will be in the Blue Bath House . See the March Lifeline for more details. You can preview the VSC Form .
* 29 April 2017 - Progressive Dinner on the Docks : RSVPs for this event have closed. Invitations will be in the mail this week. Participating and Need More Info?
* 6 May 2017 - Kentucky Derby Party : RUN FOR THE ROSES WITH PWYC - 5 PM at the Blue Bathhouse! Derby Day means horse racing and wagering, wearing great hats, drinking Mint Juleps and eating finger foods! *** (Light snacks provided but we encourage sharing your specialty.) There will be prizes for best hat and best dressed.
Please RSVP NLT April 29th to ensure we have enough Mint Juleps!
* 13 May 2017 - "About Boating Safely " - Presented by USCGA Flotilla 054-25-06 Occoquan - Fairfax, VA, this course will be held in the Blue Bath House. To sign up, please email Andrea Ipanaque at
. $35 registration fee includes all course materials and testing.
*****Remember: To Operate a Motorboat or Personal Watercraft In Virginia A Boating Safety Course was required by July 1, 2016 for ALL AGES! This course meets those requirements.
* 20 May 2017 - ORMA Blessing of the Fleet 10 am - 2 pm Occoquan River: Invite family and friends to join you aboard your vessel and participate in this traditional blessing for safe boating in 2017. Register and decorate your boat for prizes. See the flyer for more details.
* 20 May 2017 - DUCK DROP 2 pm at the boat lift! This was rescheduled from 22 April due to the weather. You will ahve more opportunities to buy a "duck" ticket during the PWM Boat Show 27-29 April.
* 20 May 2017 - Dock Crawl!
10 June 2017 - 11th Annual Patriot Cruise & Salute !
Help us give back to the Wounded, Injured & Ill Warriors of current wars, Veterans of previous wars and Gold Star Families by giving them a day out on the water.
Please RSVP if you will captain your boat (you will need a first mate and 2 escorts) or if you will be part of Port Operations (indicate Ground Crew, Social, or Welcome Committee). For more details contact
If you have any thoughts or suggestions for a cruise this coming year, please send an email to
A few of our scheduled cruises:
* 13-14 May 2017 - Washington Nationals Game, Yards Marina (Nationals vs. Phillies) : RSVPs have closed for this event. If you are planning to stay at the Yards Marina please email
- he will try to negotiate a group rate for the yacht club.
* 26-29 May - Memorial Day Cruise - Somers Cove Marina, Crisfield, Md : Please RSVP if you will join the club as we do a trip across the bay to Crisfield MD. Please contact Somers Cove Marina (715 Broadway, Crisfield, MD 21817) directly at 410-968-0925 or 1-800-967-3474 and reference PWYC when making reservations. Contact
for more information.
* Retire your old & faded US flags properly. Place them in the collection boxes that are in all of the bath houses. We will have a special Flag retirement ceremony as part of Closing Day Activities in Nov 2017.
* 2017 PWYC Membership Drive is now open! Renew by 1 April to be in the Membership Directory. Please contact our membership chair with questions or to rejoin (
* Check out the club photo site: Prince William Yacht Club Photos! All club photos are posted on this site (current photos in the photo gallery tab will remain). Have photos of club events you want to share with your fellow members? Email the
for more information.